Do you know a budding young artist in your Reformed Presbyterian congregation? Encourage them to send some of their artwork to the Reformed Presbyterian Witness Creative Arts Contest!
As an expression of our commitment to nurturing Christian artists, the RP Witness staff are pleased to sponsor the 2021-22 Creative Arts Contest. We encourage you to submit your work and show your gifts to the glory of God. Winners will be published in the RP Witness.
Kid’s Art: Two-dimensional art. Separate categories for 5- 8-year-olds and 9- to 12-year-olds.
Creative Writing: Fiction or nonfiction. Not to exceed 2,500 words. Judged on originality, content, style, and mechanics.
Poetry: Free or rhymed verse, not to exceed 50 lines/500 words. Judged on originality, content, style, and mechanics.
Fine Art: Two-dimensional art (drawing, painting, mosaic, mixed media, etc.). Judged on originality and composition technique.
Film Shorts: 3–6 minutes. Animated, motion-stop, or live film with original script, casting, and music. Judged on narrative structure, acting/presentation, sound, and cinematography.
Psalm Composition: At least 6 verses of a psalm set to an original musical composition. Judged on trueness to biblical text, suitability of music to meaning, and singability in congregational, four-part, and a cappella settings.
• Entries must be the original work of the entrant and must never have been published.
• Entries must be received on or before January 29, 2022.
• All manuscripts must be submitted electronically. Film shorts must be submitted electronically or on a flash drive, and must give credit for all actors, writers, and other participants, plus permission for musicians/music if applicable. Psalm compositions must be submitted on handwritten or computer-written paper (no digital files ).
• A cover page with the entrant’s name, address, phone number, email, and entry category must be included with every entry. Names should not appear on other pages of entries where feasible.
• An individual may submit up to two entries per category.
• Prizes are $100 for first prize, $50 gift card for second prize, and $25 gift card for third prize. $10 prize for kid’s art categories. Winners of first, second, and third prizes in each category will be notified.
• If, in any category, entries do not meet the standards of the judges, no prize(s) will be awarded.
• Entries (artwork, flash drives) will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
• Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Creative Arts Contest, Reformed Presbyterian Witness, 7408 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15208.
• Contest is limited to RP Witness subscribers and RPCNA members. Education & Publication board and staff and their immediate families are excluded.
• The entrant consents to have all entered work published online on rpwitness.org and affiliated sites, in the RP Witness, and in future RP Witness publications and products without further notice to the entrant.