December Prayer Points
- PRAY that the Reformed Theological College professors will be blessed with good health and the ability to deliver a full quota of lectures. PRAY that the students will receive much benefit from the lectures and be equipped to be able preachers and pastors.
- GIVE THANKS for the very well attended Lisburn Bible Conference week in October. Much blessing was received each evening as Pastor Jeremy Walker preached on ‘Glimpses of Redemption’.
- GIVE THANKS for the visitors who attended outreach services held by Kilraughts RPC at the end of October. PRAY for wisdom for the Session in seeking how best to implement the recommendations made by Presbytery following the November visitation.
- GIVE THANKS for continued safety on the Knockbracken site, especially during the latest storms and PRAY particularly for safety for Bookshop staff and customers during the winter months.
- GIVE THANKS for the safe arrival of several new covenant children in Cullybackey RPC. PRAY for safety for those still expected and for all Christian parents, that God would give them wisdom as they bring them up through every stage for Him.
- PRAISE God for more believers from different parts of the world going to Galway Covenant Christian Fellowship, for how enriching it is and for the precious unity enjoyed in the Gospel. PRAY that God will bring more Irish people to see and believe the Gospel.
- CONVOY – At the moment Rev Wright is preaching a series of sermons on heaven. Please pray that God will greatly encourage us as we think about the wonderful things he has in store for us.
- LETTERKENNY – Give thanks for a number of new people worshipping with us since the start of September – all from India. They are students at LYIT (Letterkenny Institute of Technology). Pray for our interaction with them, and prayer that they will grow in their faith (or come to faith if need be) during their time amongst us, Pray that they will bring others, as they have been doing.
- MILFORD – We are still trying to make progress with our building. We have been very encouraged by God’s provision for us as a congregation, but could be discouraged by the lack of progress. Pray that God will show us the way to go.
- GALWAY – Give thanks for those doing the membership class and pray that they will receive much help and blessing through the course.
- NANTES – Pray for those who visit the congregation who have health issues and have family with health issues. Pray for a recovery but especially that the gospel would have a real impact on their lives.
- NANTES – Pray that the Lord will minister to and break into and transform the lives of those with whom the church has contact.
- NANTES – Pray that we would keep our priorities right and that Christ would indeed be central in all things.
- PRAY that the message given at the family craft day held by Cloughmills RPC on Saturday 1st December will challenge, convict, and convert those who attended. PRAY that many would come to worship.
- PRAY for new contacts to made through outreach by Woodstock RPC on the first two Saturdays in December.
- PRAY that many from the local community will attend an outreach meeting in Limavady church hall on the topic of ‘Parenting’ this Tuesday, 4th December. PRAY that this will lead to some desiring further contact with members of the congregation to find out about the message of the Gospel.
- PRAY for the Glenmanus congregation as it tries to think of new ways to reach the local community with the Gospel. In recent years attendance at the Summer Holiday Bible Club and at the weekly Kids’ Club (September-March) has fallen so that there is a question mark over their future viability. PRAY for wisdom for the Session as it considers these things.
- PRAY for Rev. Robert Robb as he begins his time of ministry in the congregations of Ballenon and Ballylane. PRAY that he will know God’s guidance and blessing on the work there.
- Remember Enniskillen RPC in PRAYER. GIVE THANKS that Enniskillen was formally constituted as a congregation on 25th October. PRAY for wisdom in the days ahead that they will know God’s will on how to take the congregation forward.
- GALWAY – Give thanks for the location and blessing of our new building. Pray for our visitation of the homes in the surrounding areas with invitations and Gospel literature.
- CONVOY – Our young people all did well in their recent Sabbath School exam. Please pray that God will use his truth which they have learnt over the last year to mould them into men and women of God.
- LETTERKENNY – Give thanks for the baptism of Laramie’s mum, Eithne. It has been a real joy to see her profession of faith coming clearer and clearer over the last couple of years. We are delighted to see her coming into membership. Pray for her as she continues to raise her family, and for her witness to a wide circle of family and friends. Pray that the gospel will take hold of their hearts.
- NANTES – At the beginning of the month Juana will be returning definitively to her native Peru after worshipping with us for almost 14 years. Words are inadequate to describe her godliness and zeal in prayer, distribution of tracts, witnessing and all manner of practical things. Pray that God would continue to use her and direct her in her witness to family and neighbours in the village where she will settle.
NANTES – We will be offering lots of gospel calendars to friends and neighbours this month. Pray that these ongoing contacts will be fruitful and that the regular reading of the verses and messages will lead some to a true commitment to Christ.
- NANTES – Pray for those in the congregation dealing with health and family stresses.
- GALWAY – Praise God for the encouragement of our monthly men’s and women’s groups and the weekly home-groups. Pray that the Lord will use our small groups for much spiritual growth and blessing.