July Prayer Points
- PRAY for sessions and leaders of various groups as they plan for the autumn work, that God would give them wisdom as circumstances may still be constantly changing.
- Ballyclare PRAY that all vulnerable and elderly people in our denomination will be kept safe from the virus. PRAY that all the scientists searching for a vaccine will know God’s help and will be successful in their work.
- Milford RPC – A number of our elderly members live alone; please pray that they would know God’s nearness and that the other members would be diligent in contacting and encouraging them.
- Letterkenny RPC – Please pray for one particular girl whom Mark & Judith have done a Christianity Explored course with. She is continuing now with a Bible study in Ephesians. She may have come to faith – pray that this would indeed be the case, and pray that she will grow in her walk with God.
- Convoy RPC – Now that the lockdown restrictions are being eased, I (Rev Stephen Wright) am glad to have been able to do some visiting. Pray that the Lord would encourage and build us all through His Word.
- Nantes, France RPC – We (the Lytles) will be on holiday in Brittany from the 11th – 25th July. Pray for a time of rest for us all.
- Nantes, France RPC – We give thanks for how we have been able to meet together for our services on the Lord’s Day since the start of June. Join us in praying that restrictions would continue to ease and that our members and outsiders would feel comfortable coming to a place of worship again.
- Senior Camp – Friday – Senior Camp: Give thanks for a great week at Senior Camp and how encouraged the committee and campers have been. Give thanks for a lovely morning needle felting and a chance for the girls all to chat and get to know each other. The theme for today is “Stay Informed”. Pray for Nathanael McCollum as he shares a short thought on this theme from Psalm 16. This evening Rev David Whilta (RPCNA) and Rev Mark Loughridge (Milford & Letterkenny, Donegal) are hosting a question panel to answer any questions the young people might have. The campers have had a opportunity to send in questions ahead of time and its a great chance to get answers to things they have been thinking on with regards to the Bible and their Christian faith. Pray that this would really help the young people.
- Gateway RPC – PRAY for Terry who is due to have radiotherapy for a tumour in his tonsil and lymph node, that the treatment would completely remove the problem. PRAISE GOD for Terry’s new understanding of the death of Jesus and personal prayer.
- PRAY for the leaflet ‘Finding Hope in COVID-19’ which will be posted to 14 000 homes in Carrickfergus, that many may read it and find hope in Christ.
- Milford RPC – One of our members is a midwife; please pray that God would protect her from infection as she works in the hospital.
- Letterkenny RPC – Give thanks for the activities of members seeking to share the gospel and show gospel kindness to people. Pray that they will see lasting fruit.
- Convoy RPC – Lord willing, we hope to resume meeting together for worship in August. Pray that the Lord would give us much wisdom regarding the best way to do this.
- Nantes, France RPC – Pray for Andrew as he speaks to the boys at our home church’s summer camp on Wednesday 8th July on the topic of online purity.
- Nantes, France RPC – Pray for the men who will be preaching in Andrew’s absence this summer. Mike and Robin will preach on the 12th and 19th July and Daniel will preach on the 16th August.
28th June – 4th July
- Convoy RPC – We are still meeting for worship on Skype, and continuing our series of sermons on Mark’s Gospel. I will be on holiday at the end of July and start of August and the congregation will be encouraged to link into other online services then. Please pray that God will use his word to shape us to be more like Christ.
- Senior Camp: Pray for Douglas and Lorraine McMorris as they lead camp this summer for the first time. Pray for help and speed this week as they finalise the details for Senior Camp Live (6th-10th July) and prepare packs to be sent out to the young people. Give thanks for the 82 young people who have applied and pray that they will be keen to log in (to Zoom) when camp starts.
- Faughan RPC requests PRAYER that God will provide for the spiritual needs of all our members and adherents and all who listen to the live streaming of our morning worship services. PRAY also that all our members will continue to know protection from the coronavirus, especially the elderly and those with underlying illnesses.
- THANK GOD for permission from the Council in Newry to use the digital sign which we had installed on the wall of the church hall overlooking a main town car park. We post a mixture of apologetic statements, Bible verses and current or upcoming events. The sign has stimulated some interest in the community. PRAY for one man who has engaged in discussion about some of the content on the sign.
- PRAY that the recordings of the outreach services at Cloughmills, (recorded just as the coronavirus crisis began to unfold in UK & Ireland), would be used by God to speak to people at this time of need. PRAY for a spiritual hunger in the greater Cloughmills area.
- Milford RPC – A number of members have taken the opportunity to initiate spiritual conversations with family members and neighbours recently. Pray for a greater spiritual sensitivity in those neighbours and family members.
- Letterkenny RPC – Pray especially for one lady who is a nurse in the Covid19 ward in the hospital. Pray for her safety and for her husband and young children.
- Covenant Christian Fellowship, Galway – Pray for Michael in S. Korea teaching English online in a Christian school.
- Nantes, France RPC – Please pray for the Holmes family in their work among international students and refugees. Pray that they would know health and strength for their work. Pray for Robin in his contact with S, a Chinese student who has been asking a lot of questions and who has begun reading the Bible and John Blanchard’s Ultimate Questions.
- Nantes, France RPC – Heather has begun her night visits to see prostitutes on the streets as well as her weekly meetings with those who are seeking to build a new life, off the streets. Pray for safety and for a work of God’s spirit in the lives of the girls with whom she meets.