April Prayer Points
- Give thanks for the induction of Rev. Andrew McMillan on the 9th March. Give thanks that the McMillan’s house has sold in Inverness, and pray for them as they look for a house to buy here.
- Pray for the upcoming congregational Big Event at the end of the month, where we will be video calling the RP minister in Chile. Pray that this would be a good time of fellowship and learning more about the global RP Church.
- Give Thanks to the Lord for the many blessings that the members and those associated with Airdrie RP have received from the Lord over the last 12 months. Please pray that all in the church family will continue to love one another with the sacrificial love of Christ. May they do so whilst maintaining the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Christ’s Church and Kingdom…Pray for the well-being of His Church in Scotland and throughout the world in all aspects of its life. Pray that the Lord would pour His Spirit on the Church in a fresh and powerful way – that God would bless His people in a unique way through the means that are uniquely available in His church – the means of grace (Word, Sacrament and Prayer). Pray that all churches and Bible believing Christians the world over would repent and open their eyes once again to the majesty and greatness of God and His glory! Pray for God to bestow a spiritual hunger in His people in Airdrie and indeed all of His people and draw them to fervent intercession.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would work in all of us and that the Lord would do as He wills to make us more effective ambassadors for His kingdom.
- Pray for a dark and fallen world …that Almighty God will work on a massive scale every Lord’s Day, shining the light of the gospel and drawing many all over the world into the kingdom. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit like a mighty purifying flood.
- Please pray for the work of the gospel in the church and in all the various outreach that is going on. Pray that there would be fruit that would remain. Pray for the Preaching week to week, and all the people we have contact with in all their various life situations. Pray for God’s Spirit to work mightily infringing the salvation of souls. Pray that the congregation might wait patiently upon the Lord in all things. Pray for faithfulness in our evangelism and that would not neglect this call to go forth and make disciples, as it is the foundation for everything else, we do right now and in the future. We are aware that we need to keep sharing the good news about Jesus within our relationship networks (friends, colleagues, neighbours, family) Pray that we would not be disheartened but rather made bold by the spirit of Christ that is in us.
- Give thanks for the pro life event they held on the 29th March. Give thanks for all we were able to learn about other RP pro life groups in Northern Ireland. Pray for the ladies pro life group in Glasgow as they seek to grow and develop.
- Pray for the men’s and women’s fellowship now studying the ‘Pilgrim’s Progress’ and for the young teenagers Bible Study.
- Give thanks for Felicity Lowery’s baptism.
- Give thanks that two new members have come into the congregation.
- Give thanks for GROW, a monthly club for girls which has recently started. Pray for the girls who are mostly from non-Christian families and who come to church regularly on their own. Pray that God will use the club for them to grow in knowing Him.
- Give thanks for their evangelistic services that were held on the 31st March. Pray for their next one on the 28th April. We hope to answer questions that unbelievers might ask in challenge to the Christian faith. Pray that these services will be well attended and many will be saved.
- Pray for our deacons as we continue to look for property for a manse and a church building.
- Pray for revival and reformation in Stranraer.
- Pray for Stephen as he works with a Scripture Union group in a primary school, and give thanks for this opportunity to get to know people in the community.
- Give thanks for God’s provision through his people to enable us to do some refurbishments to the church building.
- Give thanks for the Presbytery meeting that took place on the 8th March.
- Pray for the men under care of Presbytery: Mr Ian Gillies and Mr Sylvester Konteh.