December Prayer Points
- Japan (Higashisuma RPC) Pastor Sumito Sakai asks that we would please PRAY for the seekers, Mrs Machiko Takayanagi and Ms Takako Nishimura. Many church members have non-Christian family members. May the Lord speak to the heart of these seekers that they might be saved. PRAY for our outreach programs. There are English conversation classes and Bible studies, Bible studies for kids every Sabbath day and Summer vacation Bible studies for kids. PRAY for a special open church at the end of the year. May the Lord bless and use these mission works for the progress of His kingdom in Japan.
- RPTS – Please be in prayer for Dr. Richard Gamble as he takes a two quarter sabbatical to work on volume three of the Whole Counsel of God. May he have a productive and encouraging season of study and writing.
- RPTS – The Winter Quarter at RPTS is challenging. While dealing with Pittsburgh’s wintery weather, course loads are large with several significant examinations and papers. Also, many graduating students are in the process of candidating at churches. Please keep our students and their families in your prayers.
On December 15 representatives from the Midwest Presbytery’s Church Extension and Evangelism Committee will be meeting with some folks in Fresno, TX (southern end of Houston) who desire to have an RPCNAcongregation in the Houston area. Please pray for this meeting. Pray for Bob H. and Bob L. as they travel first to Bryan (Living Way RPC) on December 14 and then to Houston on the 15th. Pray that there would be a good turnout and that the meeting would be productive. Also pray for this group of families that have been meeting on Lord’s Day afternoons – pray that they would continue to grow in knowledge, faith, and fellowship as they d.v. develop into a core group of families for a future church plant.
- First RPC, Phoenix – Brothers and sisters, although our presbytery’s day of prayer and fasting is past, please continue to pray. Pray specifically today for traveling mercies for all those attending presbytery, and in particular keep these two close in your prayers: Elder Charles as he drives from AZ and Pastor Chris as he flies from PA.
- Lucas Hanna has left South Sudan to spend a month and a bit preparing to return with his family in January. Zach Smith has a little less than two weeks left of this trip before returning to spend some time in the US with his family as they prepare to more to South Sudan in 2020. We are thankful for the work they were able to accomplish on the houses as well as some providentially timely ministry over the last few weeks. Pray for these missionaries as they return home over the next few weeks before returning to South Sudan with their families in 2020.