October Prayer Points
- Please pray for the RP mission work in the nation of Chile.
- First RPC, Grand Rapids – We appreciate your prayers for Minsol Yang – prayers for doctors and nurses for wisdom and skill. Prayers for us as we anxiously wait to hear results afterward – how his new pulmonary arteries look like and whether Minsol can be a candidate for the next surgery. And prayers for Minsol for protection, strength, healing, and peace.
- David Whitla is being inaugurated as Professor at The Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Give thanks for his willingness to serve the church in this way and pray for blessing upon his new role!
- Give thanks that Trace Turner was licensed to preach.
- First RPC (Beaver Falls) – It was announced last week that Pastor Hanna and his family will be accepting a call to serve on the mission field in Africa. This will begin as a three-year commitment. Pastor will continue in his work of training indigenous pastors and will care for the other mission team members. They will join another young family and will depart as early as January. The congregation has been greatly blessed by their ministry and will miss them dearly. Please pray for the church and our pastor during this time of transition.
- Lisbon RPC – The farmers in the congregation are grateful for so much lovely and dry weather recently. We are all grateful for the beauty of this autumn.
- Atlanta RPC – Pray for a smooth transition to the new building. Pray that many people in our new area will come and join us for worship. Pray that we will be able to raise funds to be able to purchase the building at some point during the coming year. Pray that we will be able to correct some of the more egregious issues regarding the condition of the building. Pray for safety in all our travels.
- RPTS – Dr. Jack Kinneer had, Lord willing, a final, short surgery this week to aid in his cancer treatment. He will take a few weeks off and his students will use some online resources he has prepared for this occasion. Please pray that his recovery will be uneventful and quick.
- RPTS – Please keep the RPTS Board of Trustees in your prayers as they meet for a time of planning and regular work October 17-19. They have much important work before them and, as always, will need great wisdom and discernment.
- RPTS – Uphold in prayer David and June Whitla and family, who moved from Northern Ireland to Pittsburgh this summer, following David’s completion of his PhD work. Pray for a continued adjustment to life here in Pennsylvania, and for David’s study and preparations for the classes he teaches at RPTS. His Inauguration is Friday, October 18, 7 p.m. at the First Reformed Presbyterian Church in Beaver Falls.
29th September-5th October
- The Keiyaku Church in Japan asks PRAYER for the pastors as each of them are moving into new housing situations. PRAY also that new elders would be given.