August Prayer Points
- Give thanks for the profitable time that was had at the Youth Leadership Conference in July.
- Give thanks for the Midwest Presbytery CY Summer Retreat.
- Give thanks that Rev. Derek Baars is the new Associate Pastor at The Shelter RPC.
- JAPAN – Praise God for the recent youth camp where most of the RP youth of Japan were present. Pray that the challenges from the camp would result in a healthy and consistent lifestyle of reading from the scriptures.
- Pray for the churches looking for ministers: Terre Haute RPC; Grace RPC, State College; Coldenham-Newburgh; Selma RPC; Sparta RPC; Shawnee RPC; Las Vegas RP Mission Church; Hudson-St Lazare RPC; Lisbon RPC; and Syracuse RPC.
- Pray for the different Presbytery Camps taking place this month – White Lake Family Camp, Iowa RP Camp, and Pacific Coast Presbytery Camp.
- Pray for the Quigley family as they move to Ottawa where Dr. Quigley will be the new minister.
- Pray for the Miller family as they grieve the loss of Rev. Steve Miller.
- Pray for the upcoming organisation service of Reno RPC.
- JAPAN – The vast majority of members in the Japanese RP churches are elderly (one member is 111 years old!). Pray for their health as various members have experienced health issues or injuries, sometimes preventing them from attending worship. Pray for physical recovery and for their spiritual wellbeing.
- JAPAN – Pray that God would bring young families into the congregations.
- JAPAN – Pray for the RP Mission Team with them this month: For parents with children to be willing/eager to come to the VBS/events. For diligence/wisdom/words for the STMT group as they labor to put everything together. They will have short Bible stories, crafts, etc. Pray that the messages would be well understood by the children as well as the parents that may be present. That established relationships would continue and for new relationships to be formed that would lead to individuals coming frequently to church activities. That God would delight in showing his goodness to his people, that we might be in awe of how he is “able to do more than we ask or think”.
- CHILE – Pray for the blessing and growth of the work that Pastor Marcelo Sanchez is doing to establish Reformed Presbyterian Churches in Chile.