January Prayer Points
- First RP (Michigan) – On the 15th is the service of ordination and installation for our Elder-Elect, Mr. Jake Schwartz. Please keep our brother in prayer as he is set apart to this office, and as he takes vows upon himself to serve the Lord in our congregation.
- Geneva College – It is a joy to see our campus filled with students once again at the start of the spring semester! Join with us in praying that the Lord would bless the work they do.
- Give thanks for a baptism at Los Angeles RPC.
- RPTS – Dr. George Scipione, retired adjunct professor of Biblical Counseling at RPTS, is in the ICU at a Pittsburgh hospital with internal bleeding and other complications. Emergency surgery to slow/stop the
bleeding is imminent. Please pray for: Skillful medical treatment and diagnosis; The Lord’s comfort for Dr. Scipione’s wife, Eileen, and their children/grandchildren as they await for further news.
- RPTS – Dr. Richard Gamble was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Please pray for healing, along with wisdom for the Gambles and his medical team.
- Winchester RPC – Please pray for those being deployed this weekend to the Middle East and for their families. So many people, even locally, will be affected by this.
- Stillwater RPC – We give thanks for a newly installed elder and deacon.
- Rochester RPC – Give thanks for new members.
- Midwest Presbytery (RPCNA) Home Missionary Bob Hemphill and other presbyters visited Houston, Texas to explore a potential church plant in this city of 2.3 million. Pray for Reformed Presbyterians of Houston!
- RP Global Missions – 1. Praise God that Amit was bold in declaring his faith in Christ to his grandparents and that he was not asked/forced to perform the Hindu rituals. 2. Pray Pushpa would come to saving faith in Christ. She is very burdened by the responsibilities on her shoulder as a mother, sister, and daughter/daughter-in-law. Pray that those societal shackles would break and she would be given divine grace to unburden her heart to the Lord Jesus Christ. 3. Pray for Pushpa’s daughter, Suriya, who is yet to grasp the loss of her Dad. She is chirpy and sings sweetly at church and loves the church family. Pray that God would save her at a young age.
- RP Global Missions – Please continue to pray for the Hanna family as the count down to their arrival in South Sudan is in full swing.
- Washington RPC (Iowa) – We praise God for His faithfulness. On the 5th January we welcome two previously baptized members into communicant membership in our congregation. May God bless Emma Ruth Jarrard and Marie Skubal as they grow in grace.
- Pray for members of Hazelton RPC going through extremely difficult family situations.
29th December – 4th January
- Tonight (3rd Jan.) the CORPS Winter Conference begins! Please pray for all the students who are traveling to northern Indiana today.
- Please continue to pray for the Choices Pregnancy Center, a ministry of Southfield RPC.