An Editorial Assistant Position has become available with Crown & Covenant Publications, a ministry of the RPCNA Office of Education & Publication.
“The Editorial Assistant executes the editorial calendar for the Reformed Presbyterian Witness, a 36-page bi-monthly magazine, and assists in production of books and other materials for Crown & Covenant Publications.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop), exhibit professional and organizational skills, have mastery over English grammar and conventions, and have a Christian faith that aligns with the publishing house’s convictions.”
Responsibilities would include:
- Contact and correspond with writers
- Copyedit articles and manuscripts
- Lay out book and magazine text and images in InDesign
- Correct images in Photoshop
- Write press releases and social media posts
- Help update web content
- Provide occasional customer service
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements of the job:
- Daytime availability Monday through Friday, on site
- Mastery of English grammar and conventions
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- Excellent customer service etiquette
- Meticulous adherence to deadlines
- Proficient with InDesign and Photoshop
- Preferred: social media marketing experience
- Preferred: proficiency with Apple computers
This is a full time, salaried position with pension and life insurance benefits. For the right candidates, a job sharing situation with two part-time employees would alternately be considered.
Start date would be in April.
If interested in this position, please email your resume, three samples of your work, and two professional or academic references to email@example.com.