The Australian city of Melbourne has ended lockdown after recording no new Covid-19 cases for the first time since June. Victoria state was the epicentre of Australia’s second wave of the disease, accounting for more than 90% of its 905 deaths.
The state capital, Melbourne, was in lockdown for over 111 days – enforcing home confinement, travel restrictions, closing stores, restaurants and churches. Authorities have now said the city is ready to re-open. “With zero cases and so much testing … we are able to say that now is the time to open up,” said Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews.
However there are still restrictions on numbers at worship services, and the McKinnon building is still unavailable due to ongoing renovations, so both the McKinnon and Geelong congregations as well as the one in Frankston continue meeting for worship on Zoom.
In light of this, here are some ways you can join us in praying for our brothers and sisters in the RPCA.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would be with and guide all those leading our RPC Services.
- Pray that we as church members are moved to encourage one another as we take part in the Zoom online Church services.
- Pray that we would be intentional in our witness for Christ amongst the lost at this unsettling time.
- Pray for the Lord to be with Laura Cerbus as she leads the English conversation classes in McKinnon.
- May God help those who invited friends to online “Christianity Explained Class” would follow up in discipleship.
- Pray for Sunday School teachers as they meet with their class on Zoom each Sabbath morning.
- Ask God to be with Andrew Stewart & others teaching a Reformed Theological College Ministry Intensive for Ordination candidates.
- Pray that God would guide the McKinnon congregation as it meets for discussion and acceptance of their budget.
- Pray that God would be with Geelong Session as it meets this week.
- Continue to ask God to call and grow men spiritually to serve God as ministers and elders in the RP church.
- Pray that those who have only joined us for Zoom services will keep coming when services go back to meeting live.