In 2014, the Synod of the RPCNA established the Central and South America Committee. The Committee was formed to:
Investigate new opportunities to serve our brethren in Central and South America; Invite representatives from churches in Central and South American, with whom we are developing relationships, to observe our meetings (and attend theirs when invited); Provide instruction where we can be of help to our Central and South American brethren, by way of conferences and other types of training. Encourage inter-church relations where that is wise.
The CASA (Central & South America) Committee continues to communicate with believers in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, El Salvador, Mexico, and Venezuela.
On February 22nd 2020 a commission of the Synod of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America formally established the Iglesia Presbiteriana Reformada en Chile as a mission work under the leadership of Pastor Marcelo Sanchez.
Praise and Prayer for CASA:
- Give thanks for the newly formed work in Santiago and Batuco, Chile.
- Give thanks for the completed translation work of the RPCNA standards into Spanish.
- Give thanks for the many brethren in Central and South America who are seeking to learn about and grow in the Reformed Faith.
- Pray for spiritual and numerical growth for the church in Chile.
- Pray for the raising up of Spanish & Portuguese- speaking men within the RPCNA to further the work.