RP Global Missions are calling for people to fast and pray for laborers for South Sudan.
Over the past six months or so a number of us have been spending specific, dedicated times of fasting and praying. We have been asking the Lord to provide workers for the harvest fields in South Sudan as we are in the eleventh hour of needing to find laborers who can and will go. During these months the Lord has raised up those who we thought might be answers to our prayers, but so far there has been something—from health matters, to family matters, to feasibility issues—that has prevented each one from being able to say yes to serving long-term in South Sudan. Zach and Beth Smith (below) are more prepared than ever to serve if there would be another family with children who would go serve with them.
But the needs on the team go beyond just a family with children. Singles, retired couples, married children without kids are all encouraged to apply. The team needs those who can work in diaconal capacities (from administration to practical helps to mercy ministry), those who are gifted in pastoral training and discipleship, and educators of various types.
So we pray, and fast, and wait, and ask the Lord to help us with our unbelief even as we believe he will answer.
And now, we want to invite you to join us as we pray and fast during this eleventh hour. If the Lord has ever put the work of Cush4Christ on your heart, pray with us. If you have already been praying, pray more fervently.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” (Matt 9:37b-38)
- Pray that the Lord would supply a second family with children to go to South Sudan.
- Pray that those who are even now considering whether they would be called to this work. Pray that they would receive a swift and clear answer from the Lord.
- Pray for Scott and Jan (and mid-termer, Lydia) who are laboring faithfully in South Sudan. Pray for their encouragement, strength, health, and stamina as the weight of the work is on them daily.
- Pray for the Smith family, that they would rest in the love of the Father, the grace of the Son, and the peace of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for those of us laboring daily to care for those on the field, encourage those waiting, and counsel those seeking discern their calls.
- Pray that we would have wisdom, grace, clear communication, and great faith.
RP Global Missions Staff