The PacPres Winter Youth Conference is about one month away. If you are a high school or college-aged young person who wants to spend a long weekend in Los Angeles under great teaching, here is your opportunity. This year’s speaker is Rev. Titus Martin of College Hill RPC who will be speaking on what it means to live by faith alone.Of course, we welcome students from other presbyteries. If you want to come and plan on tagging extra days before and after the conference and are hoping to be hosted as opposed to finding your own housing, please do ask first as it is very busy time of year for everyone. More details below:
- Date: DECEMBER 27-31, 2018
- Ages: High school through college. People from all presbyteries of the RPCNA and their friends are welcome to attend.
- Venue: The LA RPC will host you for the weekend. We will also, besides hearing great lectures and have wonderful fellowship, be hiking some trails and spending some time at the beach and Santa Monica Pier.
- Topic: What does it mean to live by faith alone? Foundations 2: Sola Fide will be talked about in our sessions.
- Cost: $50 if you register before December 1. $65 if you register after. Please register early, it makes planning so much easier!
- Speaker: Rev. Titus Martin (College Hill RP Church):
About the Speaker: I was born and raised under the hot sun of Phoenix, Arizona to godly parents who loved Jesus and lived for Him. God used their faithful teaching and example early in my life to draw me to Him. After graduating from high school, I followed in my siblings’ footsteps and traded in the year-round Phoenix summers for the changing seasons of Western Pennsylvania where I attended Geneva College. After College I developed a hunger to know God’s Word more than ever. God opened the doors for me to attend the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary (RPTS) in Pittsburgh. Shortly after graduating from RPTS, I accepted a call to College Hill Reformed Presbyterian Church in 2006, where I currently serve. After much convincing, Alyssa Wing agreed to be my wife and we were married in 2010. God has blessed us with two kids, Finley and Knox. I love being with my family, playing with my kids, and playing games.
Looking forward to seeing some of you!
Pastor Nathan, Los Angeles, CA