Cullybackey is a village of about 2,600 people in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland, and is a few miles outside of the town of Ballymena.
Through various Societies (regular meetings for fellowship and Bible Study) there has been a Covenanting work and witness in County Antrim since the 17thcentury. One of the most enthusiastic of these Societies met at Laymore, just outside Ballymena, at a place known as the Round Hole. This witness led to the formation of a congregation in Cullybackey. The first minister, Rev William Martin, was ordained in 1757. Shortly after this, in 1765, Daniel McClellan, an American of Irish parentage, was ordained at Laymore, and assigned the work in Cullybackey.
In 1989 the congregation celebrated 200 years of worship and witness in its then present building. This building was demolished in 2007 and a new place of worship was erected. In December 2008 the congregation worshipped in its new meeting house for the first time.
Today the Cullybackey congregation numbers about 120. As well as the minister, we have six elders and four deacons.
Our mission, like all Reformed Presbyterian Churches, is to proclaim Christ as King, Saviour and LORD.
You can find out more information on our website; www.cullybackeyrpc.org